Weymouth’s Historic Trough

In 1887 this spring-fed trough was placed in the middle of the road where Old Weymouth meets Nichols. In 1912, Old Weymouth was curved toward the North, and the trough was dumped in the field seen in the photo. In 1984 the trough was discovered and Dorothy Crooks gave it back to the township. The store owners agreed to donate a plot for it, and it was moved there with donations of money, time and labor by the citizens of the township.